B i r t h B y S l e e p
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B i r t h B y S l e e p

A revised Death Note RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hot Cup of Coffee

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:50 am

After getting out of another annoying meeting with the SPK, she decided that she needed was a nice hot cup of coffee. She waited in line somewhat impatiently and continued to yawn as the line progressed towards the counter. As it did, she smiled tiredly and muttered to the poor young man:

"Black coffee please, light on sugar" she muttered.

The boy behind the counter nodded and scurried off trying to get her older. She sighed in relief as it was handed to her, and she handed him the money only to leave a twenty dollar tip to the boy who looked like he needed the money. She smirked and sat down at the corner of the room sipping her coffee. She sighed in relief as the bitter warm liquid went down her throat and smiled tiredly.

"Heaven" she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Klyde also known as ~K~ walked into the coffee shop and fought back a yawn as he waited in line. He had been working non stop on the Kira case since he had heard about it and he had now hit a road block. He had discovered that Kira needed a name and face to kill and he could do it from a far but other then that he was stuck. Like every other time he got stuck he got frustrated and could not think clearly. He decided he needed to get some orange juice. Most coffee shops sold it. He found that drinking it helped put his mind back on track, plus it tasted great. Normally he would just get some from home but he decided that some fresh air would do him some good.

As he waited in line he pulled his hood on his black hoodie up over his head. He wasn't used to being near so many people. He only ever left his house to get more food and drinks (mostly orange juice) and to gather information. Other then that he stayed in most of the time. He hated being seen.

Currently he was behind a teenage girl who was ordering some coffee. Hurry up. He thought to himself. I want to get out of this line. Sure enough the girl got her coffee and walked to a corner table. Walking up to the boy at the counter he muttered,

" Orange juice please." While he waited for his drink he noticed people casting glances at him. From the way he kept his hand in his pockets and how he kept his head down you would think he was going to rob the place. Hating the stares he was getting he was thankful when his drink came.

Walking over to the corner table across from the girl,he took a sip. Already it was calming his nerves.

"Gotta keep myself focused." He muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 am

Sip after sip, it was warming her all up from the cold windy day, not to mention the idea that she was getting more alert to her surroundings. She needed the caffeine in her system to even function. The sixteen hours a day were really pegging her down.

She inhaled the lovely caffeine taste and sighed in relief. She had to admit it was a little loud for her taste, but then again she was used to the empty halls, white walls and boring nothingness in her surroundings.

She noticed that the people around her were always rushing and going, never really stopping to even notice their surroundings. The SPK was never her choice, on the contrary she had a contract with them till the case was over. She was trapped till the case was over so as to not return to Wammys.

She was always used to staring at her surroundings studying the people by their mannerisms, or way of speaking and currently there seemed to be a few people that were a little quirky for the atmosphere. She decided not to care, considering she had gotten exactly what she needed.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:17 am

But now Klyde was refocused and alert, and he was no longer mad at the frustration of work. Sighing he took another sip from his drink and looked up for the first time. Thankfully there was less people in the shop now, most of the people were quicker to leave then before. He still showed obvious signs of discomfort at being so close to people. As a child he had lacked proper parentally supervision, being looked after by a babysitter. So he felt more at ease when he was in less crowded spaces.

Finally finishing his drink he looked over at the girl sitting opposite him. She seemed to look familiar which was amazing considering he never left his home much. Shrugging it off he got up and went over and threw his cup into the garbage. Walking over to a window near the girl he watched the people outside.

"Funny how people are oblivious to everyone around them. They ignore the people who rush by them and continue with their lives. Maybe they live in a dream state or some other form of mind when they don't know they are surrounded by others." Klyde loved to talk in riddles and most of what he said made no sense. But he knew what he meant when he spoke. He also wasn't aware of how loudly he had spoken.
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

She paid no heed at the people that came and went. She lifted her gaze immediately went towards the unusual boy who began to talk to himself. She wondered if he was talking to her, or if he was talking to himself.

She shrugged but had to admit that his thoughts were right. After all, there was nothing wrong with his thoughts, actually she agreed with it.

"Isn't that part of life" she replied not caring if she had to or hadn't "to be oblivious is to be happy, they ignore around half of their surroundings, considering they only use ten percent of their brain"

After she said this, she smirked and took a sip of her black coffee. She had to admit she was sort of cynical.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:43 am

Klyde turned to the girl who had spoken to him. He had not ment to speak his thoughts so loudley. He looked at her hard. One of the things he had been taught at Wammy's house was to study your surroundings and the people in it. This girl was smart and thought on the same level he did maybe more.

" But that is the sad thing. All the things that they miss out on by not properly studying their surroundings. All the things they could learn and accomplish if they did. But as you said they only use 10 percent of their brain so its to be considered yet as much as it unnerves me I really don't pay this much attention to the world outside, in fact this is the most I have interacted with somebody in years." He laughed(which was rare for him) and sat down at the table with the girl.

"Another funny thing is that like the people outside I myself live in a oblivious bliss, inside my home, very rarely leaving it. Except for orange juice. I've loved it since I was a kid. But unlike the ones outside, I do use 100 percent of my brain." He took the time to study the girl more. He knew he had seen her somewhere a long time ago but where. Putting his head back down to avoid the stares he was getting again he introduced himself.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Klyde. With a K." He rarely told people his name in fact it wasn't even his true name. His real name was Jacob O'mally but he hadn’t gone by that for many years.
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 am

She raised her brow as he simply sat across from her. She wondered if she herself had invited him to sit, but she supposed that as long as he didn't annoy her too much she'd be fine. She simply sipped her coffee and listened to him talk.

She placed her coffee cup down on the table as she heard his last comment. She couldn't help but laugh softly at his comment.

"Everyone really uses one hundred percent of our brains" she smirked slightly. "I meant it as a saying, meaning they don't truly use their brain to the potential that they could. Most people in society rarely challenge themselves enough to even notice that they are capable than more than they already do."

She shook her head at his comment thinking it was amusing.

"Lovely to meet you Klyde" with a K she said. "I'm Angel"

She didn't mind telling people her first name considering that she didn't have any records for people to find out her last name. She had burned those long ago.

Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 am

Klyde smirked. She was bright this Angel.

"Thankfully people around me were able to see my potential from an early age so I was able to truly as you said, challenge myself. I feel it is a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing that I am able to look at things clearer then most but a curse in the fact that not many can do this. Thankfully you are one of the people who can do this as I noticed from studying you. But really the curse is more in my other personality habits. Like I said before I tend to spend most of my time inside working on my research. I guess you could say I lacked proper social skills to really blend in with people. He looked up and grinned.

" Not that I mind. I find working alone really helps me focus. The downside is when I hit a rut in my work it effects my focus. That is my one true flaw. My inability to accept that in an investigation there is always times where you will hit roadblocks and must navigate around them." He looked up and noticed more people looking at him. He glared at them and putting his head down again muttered

" I hate when they stare at me, Its like I am being probed.But I talk to much. What about you. Any interesting things to share?"
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 am

She raised her brow, surprised that he opened himself and let out so many thoughts all at once. He was antisocial, but when he was given the opportunity he would just say too much.

"I see...you work in research" she said.

He was smart, or at least she figured considering how he spoke about his intelligence. She had to admit, so far she wouldn't disregard his comments considering the first words out of her mouth she had to agree with.

"I'm not the sharing type" she began a little surprised by his question. "If I did, I wouldn't really share unless I was in a support group"

She chuckled and lifted her cup to her lips looking at him.

"I'll tell you this, I don't appreciate my job as much as you do"
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 am

Klyde nodded and leaned forward in his chair more.

"Yes I worked in the research business. My job is more in-depth then that but I would rather not talk much on it. My work is my own." Klyde, having given most of his thoughts went back into his previous state of mind. Looking anywhere but Angel he spoke one more but it was muttered and low.

"Yes its understandable to not speak out about yourself. I am myself ashamed that I said so much. This is proof that I do lack most social skills. In this case learning to keep my mouth shut." When Angel mentioned how she didn't appreciate her work as much as him he looked up.

" I wonder if I am correct in saying you wish not to share that information about work. I for one will say this. It was my dream to follow in the footsteps of my mentor and pursue justice. It helps give the mind a good work out."
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 am

She nodded beginning to analyze the boy in front of her. He opened himself too much, but he had corrected himself in an instant. She reminded him of those newer members of the older cases where they spoke too much. She remembered how L would reprimand them and take them out of the case immediately as they did something that slowed the case down.

"Justice" she repeated.

He reminded her of L. Her mind began to calculate all the words he had said before. He had admitted that someone had found him and figured out his potential, which made her think of Wammys and how many children were they who were found because of their potential. His lack of social skills definitely reminded her of the former mentor and who she had admired at a young age.

She smiled slightly hidden of course as he had used the word investigation. Interesting diction.

"What do you mean by justice?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 am

Klyde looked up at her and analyzed her. She seemed to have taken an interest in the word. He cursed himself for using that term. Anyone who wished to find and kill L may even relate the word to him. Even though from what he had observed and heard about her he was going to say as little as possible. He had let his awkward social skills make him say to much the first time.

"I merely mean the pursuit to eliminate a criminal." He said. He knew that because she was smart she would right away know this wasn't what he meant. But suddenly he had a thought. The other children at Wammy's house had heard L use that word many times. Could she have lived there as well. Regardless it wasn't safe to say much anymore until she could prove to him she lived there. He wouldn't bring up Wammy's house. He hoped she would for him. Even then she could get the information from someone, no Wamm'y house never released information about itself, L, or its students. Realizing he must have looked odd staring into space he took a juice box he had inside his hoodie and began to drink from it. He had paid for his previous drink as a change of pace.

"Justice." He repeated." That is what I mean."
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:47 am

She nodded knowing that he had slipped once more. She thought that there was a great possibility of him being in Wammys, but she was not one to talk about her past. She believed that it was better left behind.

"You work in the justice department then" she said smiling.

She noticed that his persona was shady, as he hid behind his hoodie. She didn't mind, considering that he could be no more than eighteen, seventeen at most.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:56 am

"Yes." Was all he said. He was beginning to regret ever striking a conversation. It was his tendency to speak too much that had taken marks of him at Wammy's house though he was one of many that was in line to succeeded L, he was not one of the first His ability to speak about things too much was one of the main reasons he kept to himself. He saw her studying him and he began wondering what she was trying to find out. Obliviously his appearance was odd looking. Was she trying to find out his past, his age? Thankful that he was back in his regular stride of being hard to talk to he pulled his hoodie down, revealing his messy black hair. Rubbing his hand through it he added.

"I take it you are from the same line of work, judging from your interest in the term I used and your quick mind. A yes will suffice."
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 am

She chuckled and shook her head. She wasn't really lying, after all she was simply a Watari to Near .

"Not really" she said. "But what's wrong with a simple interest"

Her eyes glinted at the thought. She smiled innocently and decided to test the individual in front of her. He could be Kira after all; but he obviously didn't think she was harm, considering how he had opened himself up.

The word choice such as justice had a negative connotation once she thought that it could be the same words used by Kira.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:06 am

"Then I must assume you work along side someone or somepeople who work in that line of work." When she asked what was wrong with interrest in justice he smirked.

"Nothing is wrong with Justice as long as you stay in its boundires. As long as you don't work for justice in the wrong way you are fine. Take policmen if they obay the rule sof their trade and pursue criminals by the book they are fine but abuse the power they have been given and they are no better then the criminal. At least thats what I think." Klyde finished his thoughts by taken another drink from his orange juice. This girl Angel is she Kira, a criminal or a fellow member of Wammy's house? He thought watching her.
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 am

She smirked and chuckled slightly at his words.

"If justice was so structured and in a cage, then isn't just one imprisoned by society?" she asked. "Then the whole point of justice itself is becoming an injustice thus one must seek true justice by going against the rules, don't you think?"

She couldn't help but smile at her comment, semi-patting herself in the back at how she hadn't forgotten the words that had once gotten her detention in Wammys. She was too free-minded to get along with other conformist.

Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:21 am

He looked up at her amazed at her answer. It wasn't wrong but it differed greatly from what he had said.

"Justice must sacrifice the freedoms of the few to protect the many." He said looking at her. "At least that’s what I think." He was impressed with her answer as it had a good point but it made him think of Kira. Kira so far was killing criminals in his own brand of justice. He went against the rules of justice and had became no better then the very criminals he killed.

"I do like your idea in the sense of personal freedom." He stated still wondering if he had misunderstood it. Maybe she had said it to see if he would say something Kira would say. It made sense. The word justice was sued by many who supported Kira.
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:25 am

She giggled softly amused at his expression. She knew that was the reaction of many people who had heard her purposely be almost anarchic.

"I suppose, that's why at the end of the day there's a democracy correct?" she said smiling slightly.

She looked at how the coffee shop was suddenly done with the morning rush and now it was slower, but still at a good pace.

"You don't have to" she said at his last comment. "I don't expect people to just agree with it, it's just the anarchic in me."
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:25 pm

"I'm sure there are people out there who share your view. After all we each have different interpretations of justice, and not everyone feels it is the right way for it to work." He was of course referring to Kira. He had another interpretation of justice which he didn't say. It was the pursuit to eliminate a criminal and keep order . Even at the cost of ones own life. This was closer to what his mentor L had in his mind. He himself felt highly on its truth.

Pulling his hoodie back up he stated. " Yes democracy." He muttered it while looking up at the less crowded coffee shop. "But like I said, I don't get out much so I don't really get to hear other peoples thoughts on it." He said smirking.
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:27 am

She nodded not trying to bother him too much. She knew who he was referring too, after all it was pretty obvious. Kira was one of the main people whose view of justice brought lots of chaos in the world. She had heard of how followers were beginning to grow even more than before and she herself wondered if they shared similar views on justice as she did. She blinked thinking that was absolutely ludicrous and she sighed.

"I'm curious" she began. "What do you think of the media attention on kira?"
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 am

Klyde looked up and smirked.

"Everywhere you look you see programs about Kira. Its hard to not find a news channel that reports any thing but Kira. To be honest I feel that this attention is what Kira wants. He likes the attention he gets from the news." Klyde folded his arms and looked down. Kira he thought was nothing more then a person who thought they were doing the world a favour by getting rid of criminals but all they were doing was striking fear into people so they didn't commit any acts of evil A society based on fear was no better then the world they were in now.

"Another thing I found was all ready the media is divided among those who support Kira and those who speak out against him."
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 am

She nodded and agreed with him. She tugged her hat and took if off thinking that the warmth of the environment was warm enough to where she didn't need it.

"I absolutely agree. I suppose the support of Kira comes from the freedom of the media and journalism having their own opinions on the subjects. I must admit that it can be frustrating at how people concentrate on a sociopath and are so determined to announce it to death, no pun intended."

She took a small sip of her coffee and looked at him curiously.

"I can see by your answer that you're an anti-kira" she said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Klyde

Klyde

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 am

He smiled and nodded.

"Yes I am against Kira and his so called sense of justice." He took a drink from his orange juice.

"I for one cannot think of why people would wish to live in a world where their actions are guided by a murderer." He looked up and let out a small laugh which sounded more like a cough considering how rare he laughed. "But at least there are other people out there who agree that Kira is nothing but a criminal."

He scratched his chin and pondered on it. How the world was so easy to accept a person like Kira. They were so happy to see criminals dropping dead they never stopped to think if it was the right thing to happen.

Last edited by Klyde on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~A~
Admin
~A~

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 am

She blinked surprised by his laughter, it seemed a little out of place, and sort of patronizing towards the believers.

"I see how strongly you feel about it" she commented staring at his composure.

She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and looked at him curiously. She thought it was kind of humorous how he wanted to be ignored, and yet the way he asserted himself brought on attention.

"Maybe they want to live in a world that might be protected. A haven of some sort where what they see is evil is nonexistent and only the good survive."

She smiled thinking that she was being such a devil's advocate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hot Cup of Coffee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Cup of Coffee   Hot Cup of Coffee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Cup of Coffee
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
B i r t h B y S l e e p :: Places :: Restaurants and Cafes-
Jump to: